The Spine Lab Rehabilitation Program
The Spine Lab Rehabilitation Program is a program offered exclusively by Magnolia Physical Therapy. The program incorporates manual therapy, pain neuroscience education, and brain retraining techniques to help patients manage and alleviate their pain responses.
Our goal is to help you regain mobility and alleviate pain so you can get back to work (and play!) and improve the overall quality of your life.
The 3 Pillars of Magnolia Physical Therapy’s Spine Lab
Spinal Alignment & Soft Tissue Release
- Manual therapy – to correct misalignments and soft tissue restrictions, allowing more pain free movements. This may include low grade spinal mobilization, myofascial release, cupping, dry needling, neural gliding, and/or instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization.
Emphasis on Pain Free & Safe Movement
- Unloading equipment – like aquatherapy without getting wet! Your patients can perform functional movements such as walking, stepping up, squatting and push/pull activities to unload the body part in a pain free manner.
- Nervous system regulation – Vagus nerve toning exercises proven to regulate the nervous system, lower the ANS response to chronic stress and significantly lower or eliminate perception of pain in the brain.
- Spinal/Core stabilization – functional activation of the four core cylinder muscles including the transverseus abdominus, pelvic floor, diaphragm, and multifidi.
Pain Neuroscience Education
- Education – Your patients will be educated on the latest pain neuroscience and brain retraining principles to create safety around their pain and teach them daily techniques proven to significantly lower or eliminate their brain’s pain response.
Each pillar is addressed at every session and customized to each patient depending on diagnosis, length of time from injury/onset, psychosomatic factors, and pain levels.
Want to learn more about what the Spine Lab has to offer, contact us today, or visit us in Harahan, New Orleans, LA centers for an evaluation.
In SpineLab sessions, therapists use clinical indicators to objectively measure which interventions yield the maximum results.
Meet Marcus a Spine Lab Success Story!
“When I got to Magnolia I had neck tightness, my back was sore, and I couldn’t stand or sit for long. Sleeping was annoying me. I was an all-around mess. I couldn’t work, I couldn’t run very fast or walk very fast. I had to sit down. I was moving like a snail. Jess, Robyn, Ms. Kathy, and everybody at Magnolia have been great. Y’all have the hands of angels. The manual therapy was the best. The workouts were strenuous, but they helped me. Since starting physical therapy, the biggest change for me is that I can run around with my son again. He’s three. He’s playful and he keeps me active. I couldn’t run around and chase him at the park. He noticed and would ask me “Dada, are you alright?” Now I’m running with him and playing on the slides again with him. I am free of pain. No limitations. I’m back.”